Make An Appointment Today - 3 Fast, Convenient Ways
1. Call the Eye Center
8am - 5pm, Monday-Friday
3. By Phone Anytime
To make an appointment or to reach the ophthalmologist, call the UTMB Access Center. 409-772-2222 or toll-free 800-917-8906.
New Patient Medical Form
First-time patients can save time during their visit by downloading, printing and completing this patient health care form in advance. The information we request in this form will be extremely valuable to our physicians in providing new patients with the best possible care. Please bring the completed form with you to your first appointment.
About Your Appointment
- Please provide the clinic staff with your most up-to-date contact and insurance information.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please keep your scheduled appointment. Being followed regularly by your physician is important in ensuring the appropriate medical care for your needs.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call at least 24 hours in advance. After clinic hours, you may use the 24-hour hotline to cancel and/or reschedule your appointment. This allows us to make time available for others patients in need of care.
- When rescheduling your appointment, please do it as soon as possible so that you receive the care you need. You can do this by calling 409-747-5800 (Galveston) or 281-996-7564 (Friendswood - Opening Summer 2008) during clinic hours.
- If you have a concern or feel you must be seen sooner, please call the Eye Center.
What To Bring
- All insurance information, official proof of identification and other requested documents. Presenting the necessary and appropriate documents will help to ensure that your registration goes as smoothly as possible.
- Cash, check, or credit card for co-pays. Co-pays and fees are expected at the time of the visit. We do not bill for these items.
- A list of allergies and all current prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as health supplements.
- For your convenience please stop at the check-out desk after your visit to schedule your next appointment.
- If you need to cancel a follow-up appointment or procedure, please call the Galveston Eye Center at 409-747-5800 or the Friendswood Eye Center at 281-996-7564 (Opening Summer 2008).
- It is important to make every attempt to keep your follow-up appointments as instructed by your physician. Again, please call your Eye Center location if you need to cancel an appointment. We would appreciate 24-hour notice, if possible.
- Please do not wait until your condition worsens to the point that an urgent appointment is necessary.
- Because it takes time to process prescription refill requests, please allow yourself at least one week of medications when calling for refills. Please do not let your medications completely run out before calling.
- Have your prescription information available (including pharmacy name and phone number) when calling for a refill or to ask a question about your medication. For prescription refills, call the Eye Center where you receive care: Galveston 409-747-5800 or Friendswood 281-996-7564.
- If one of our physicians was the original prescribing physician, we will approve the refill if appropriate, provided you have been seen in our clinic within the last six months.
- Please allow two to three working days for a response to a prescription request.
- When leaving a message, you will need to provide the following: Name of patient; date of birth; telephone call-back number; and patient's doctor.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for your physician or the nurse to return your phone call.
- If you feel that your condition or concern requires urgent attention, please ask to speak to a nurse in the clinic so that your issues may be addressed in a timely manner.
- Your complete satisfaction is important to us. You may receive a patient satisfaction survey after you visit. We ask that you return the form (postage prepaid by UTMB) so that we may provide you with the best possible service.
- In the interest of ensuring safety and of improving patient services, we welcome questions, so please speak up if you have any questions or concerns.
- Thank you for being patient with us on occasions when we are running late. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the conditions we treat, we are sometimes unable to anticipate the amount of time required to meet the patient's medical needs.
- For questions or concerns about the care you receive from UTMB Eye Center, please contact Sammye Hesser, senior practice manager, at 409-747-5828.